HOOK: Mustad 37160, size 6-10
RIBBING: 4X monofilament
SHELLBACK: Clear Body Stretch
BODY: Bright green, olive brown, or gray Haretron or sparkle dubbing
LEGS: Black soft saddle hackle
HEAD: Black bead
Imitates larvae of large caddis from the genera Parapsyche and Arctopsyche. For more on this pattern, see the article Caddis Larvae--Part II
Body color is varied to match the natural insects that are available in the stream.
How to Fish
Use tight line or trout indicator nymphing tactics
1. Debarb hook, slip on bead head, place in vise, start thread.
2. Tie in shellback and mono ribbing.
3. Dub body; keep the body thin
4. Pull shellback over top. Rib with monofilament.
5. Tie in black saddle hackle. Make two wraps and trim top and bottom fibers.
6. Paint front two segments of shellback black with black paint pen
7. Whip finish and trim.