logo
Home Forums Fishing Reports River Levels Tides Fly Patterns Entomology Articles Legacy
Topic Options
#1111355 - 11/16/16 03:16 PM Major Website Changes Beginning This Week!
Uncle Fuzzy
aka Scott Richmond

I am starting a major revision of Westfly this week. You will notice quite a few changes, and it will take a few days for the dust to settle.

The changes are to simplify Westfly and make it more Oregon-focused. The Idaho, Montana, and Washington sections will go away, as will the following tabs: Basic Skills, Reviews, Classified Ads, Links, Trip Planner, Hatches, Weather, Guides and Lodges, Events, Fly Shops, and Fly Clubs. The content of the Oregon entry page will be merged into a new Home page; the Idaho, Montana, Washington content of the Home page will go away.

Fishing reports and river levels for Idaho, Montana, and Washington will still be available under a new "Legacy" tab. The old Photo Gallery will be there too, but it will not accept new submissions. Legacy pages will not be updated, and at some point they may go away completely.

Over the next few months, the new, simplified Westfly will change to a more contemporary format that will work cleanly, have more functionality, and work better on mobile devices.

Scott Richmond is Westfly's creator and Executive Director. He is the author of nine books on Oregon fly fishing, including the novel River in the Sun. (a thriller set on the Deschutes River).

#1111357 - 11/16/16 04:24 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
Calapooia
Scott, I hope you are sleeping well and finding time to relax.

#1111359 - 11/16/16 04:46 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
Moon
chit changes, thank u UF for everything...

LiGE
Moon

#1111361 - 11/16/16 06:05 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
dragin'fly
This site will remain important to me. Glad I live in Oregon. Thank you Scott for your efforts. Will miss some of the other content, but I can seek most of it out elsewhere. timk

#1111370 - 11/17/16 04:57 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
Mel-S
Thanks for all your hard work these past years. It's been fun. Sorry to see my Idaho page go away.

#1111381 - 11/18/16 06:02 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
flyfsheridaho
What Mel said

#1111464 - 12/01/16 01:48 PM Re: Major Website Changes Beginning This Week! [Re: Uncle Fuzzy]
twinfly
Thanks Uncle Fuzzy. I will miss the good old days. But don't we all. Looking forward to the days to come and making new memories.

Moderator:  DukeTrout, Uncle Fuzzy