asking a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asking a question

It's been a real bitch of a time for me, but I've finally got a foothold and need to keep going forward. I've still got miles and miles to go but my therapist from the vet center thinks it would be a good idea for me to start writing again. His brother is on here and builds boo rods and has authored a couple of books one of which I am enjoying very much , that's how he found out I used to write stories here on the forum. Anyway I have not been fishing in a while, hell I don't even have a fishing license right now and my mind is in a whirl wind of a **** storm. The question I have is, would you care to read my stories if I started writing again ? - there is no telling were they would go though. I guess I would start with the truth of why I am so head ****ed and go from there. It's an ugly dark story that if this works will lead me back to the fun in the sun stuff that will help me heal. There will eventually be fishing stories again, but for now I can't think of any. So would it be okay to share or would you rather me wait to see if I make it back to being me again if I can get there?

LiGE
    Moon

Make it so, dude. All I can see is upside, for all of us.
    You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
    You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

Write your stories, of course. I believe we each have stories, hearts, and souls worth sharing. It is true that some people are better than others in telling their tales, but I once read an essay by Herman Hesse where he said that he had trouble as a professor of literature because the crude works of his less talented students touched him so much that he could not bring himself to give them a low grade.

Comment

Definitely Moon! Go ahead and write. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

I have said it before. You need to write an autobiography with stories like scaring the sh!t out of campers at East Lake sprinkled here and there. I would buy that book!

Comment

Leonard Cohen wrote that "...there is a crack/a crack in everything/that's where the light gets in"

Find your crack, and shine away

Comment

yes definately moon!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Vote here is big yes.........

Comment

Hell yes. I'd love read more of your stuff. And if you think it will help you back, then by all means....

- JR

Comment

Glad to hear someone is helping you.

We will help a little too.
                    The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

You know we Love you. Write to your hearts content. We'll read them. Glad your still upright and breathing. Get a license we'll go fish.

Comment

What's up Moon!? Just write and write without worrying if we'll read it. Whatever is going on with you, writing will help you process, heal, and sort it out. Write for yourself. This summer will be 9 years since I met ya at Little Lava. That's crazy! Take care man. Get out fishing. Write about fishing. It'll make you feel better.

Comment

Write away, Moon! As they say in Nike town, "Just Do It!"
                          aka Scott Richmond

Comment

Moon,

As others have said, if writing will help you, please do it! While some of what you share may be hard to write and read (for us), one thing for sure is that your way with words will engage us in the story you will be telling.

Cheers,
                            Bryan
                            a/k/a Bimini Twist

Comment

Moon, if you knew how many times readers have spewed a drink on their keyboard while reading your missives you would be in less of a funk. Write on!(pardon the pun)
                              TC
                              I like Phamily, Phriends, Phly-Phishing, and Phood......wouldn't you know it, I live in Philomath, Oregon!

Comment

Working...
                              X