Crane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crane

Crawbugger is a lip ripping fool. Just saying!!

Anj is No joke either. We fished Wednesday and Thursday and it was one of those glad I was here yesterday scenario. Wednesday every spot we hit produced fish. Conditions where flat most of the day with wind picking up in the afternoon. Water temperature was between 55 and 62 fish were eating. Red butt black with silver wire and a black mini leach were the ticket. Fish averaged between 15 inches and 5 lbs. Get out there and have some fun.

Comment

Fun? We're supposed to have fun?
      aka Scott Richmond

Comment

Well done Gentlemen...thanks for sharing
        The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

Thanks for sharing..Too busy to get a few pics? That is good fishing.....

Comment

Fished Quinn yesterday. Indicator fishing with a blood worm pattern in morning and then a maroon balanced leech later. Fishing in 10-12 ft water. Hooked up about 25 times in 5 hours. Landed only half that number. Best fish a 22 in plank. My best day. Learned too late in day that with a balanced leech from a pontoon boat, a strip set works better. Missed a bunch with the usual lifting of rod. My 2 cents

Comment

Thanks for that report Betty. We had the same results with a little different color leech.. Thats some good fishing..
              I may have to hit it tomorrow.

Comment

• Crawbugger
                Crawbugger commented
                Editing a comment
                Davis arm had fish.

Well done gents

Comment

• Crawbugger
                Crawbugger commented
                Editing a comment
                Pick a day and bring the boys and we'll hit it.

Will do.. itching to get away from work and feesh

Comment

Was up there Sat. Did o.k. hooked 14 but only landed 5. Missed a bunch out of practice I guess. .......And I hit a deer on the way home, not 2 miles from Quinn.
                Mike
                "I'se the B'y that builds the boat"

Comment

• Anj
                  Anj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sorry to hear about the deer ( Oregon has a keep a roadkill law)
                  Good fishing though , the fish are really hungry lately.

• Woodbender
                  Woodbender commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just not up for the roadkill thing. Probably have enough hair on my rig to tie a few flies though!

Thanks for the report! Sounds like a great trip!

Comment

Sat was red-hot at Crane. My son and I were mostly trolling out of a modified Canoe with a trolling motor. We did pretty good, but guess I need to learn more tactics of static fishing under an indicator as we saw a lot more fish being caught by anchoring and using an indicator. Sunday was pretty slow. Woodbender, sorry to hear about you hitting the deer. if that was you with the wooden drift boat, we think we saw the aftermath on our way to Lava on Sat afternoon. You have a beautiful boat. need to learn how to fish a balanced leech.

Comment

• on-the-rise
                    on-the-rise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Woodbender - no, we ended up not fishing Lava. We drove up there to see if the road beyond was open (secretly hoping to hit Hosmer), but it was closed. We checked out Cultus for a while because I've never fished there, but came up empty and then made the wise decision to head back to Crane for the late afternoon. I have a dumb question, how does one fish a "balanced leech", is it really just fishing under an indicator while under anchor? my little brain thinks leech/bugger needs to have movement to be effective.

• Woodbender
                    Woodbender commented
                    Editing a comment
                    C'mon on-the-rise, no dumb questions on Westfy unless you want to know what color S.U.P. to take to Hosmer. Sounds like the road in to Hosmer will be open Friday and with the rain it might be a good time to hit it (the plastic hatch doesn't seem to like rain). I fish the leech static under the bobber 6" to 12" above the bottom. I do retrieve it after it settles. About 3 quick little tick tick pulls and let it settle again then repeat. Mostly to cover water. Leeches don't dart around but kind of undulate. If there are some waves on the water that is plenty of movement. That being said if the fishing is slow I will mix in a few quick strips as well. A double anchor set up helps a lot. I friggin love Hosmer just wish it wasn't what it is now.

• on-the-rise
                    on-the-rise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Woodbender - thanks the for the info with the balanced leeches. I'll give it a shot next time I get out on still water. I hear you about Hosmer, its a great lake, but like much of the world these days, it ain't like it used to be. problem for me with all of the lakes out there (Crane, Lava, Wickiup, Hosmer, Elk, etc) is the distance. just too damn far for a day trip for me (Portland based). Probably won't get out again till early June. hope your truck's ok from deer encounter. I saw the aftermath, its in much better shape than the deer.... thanks again for the info.

Crane on Monday was off the chart catching for me with more of the 17 to 18 inch fish with the occasional fat boy measured in pounds. Break offs and fish wrapping around logs was a little bit of an issue..
                  Better to to have hooked and lost than catching nada..
                  Fun times on Crane this year!!

Comment

Killin it anj....

Comment

The secret flat? Glad you found some piggies to Play with.

Comment

Working...
                      X