Whycus Creek?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whycus Creek?

Was wondering if anyone in the central zone has seen Whycus Creek in the past few days? Was wondering if it was at fishable flows?
    Never fished there, but camped there a few times and was hoping to bring my rod and camp and fish the confluence and upstream.

I know I'm probably too early, but just really itching for some small stream fishing.
    Last edited by mcswny; 05-20-2019, 07:46 PM.

For Pete's sake! It's closed until the 22nd (tomorrow). Read the regs people.

As for flows and fishing, it's sure to be blown out and that canyon is filled with snakes, bears, mountain lions, and rockfall.... ; )

Comment

• mcswny
      mcswny commented
      Editing a comment
      Trust me, I know it's closed, I've had small stream opener marked on my calender since in closed last fall.

What about access to Three Creeks? Probably still buried. I have a pic from 3 years ago in July and there was still a fair bit of snow on the steep bank opposite the outlet. It made me think it might be fun to bring shovels, carpeting, some padding, sleds, helmets, and wetsuits. Show the kids how to safely plan stupid stuff. Build a snow run and a ramp and launch ourselves into the lake. I fished the upper upper Clack with the kids two weekends ago and I have to say the little brooks and rainbows were fun even though I've become a little bit of big fish dude.
    Choices! We have a lot of choices in Oregon.
    https://www.ryanchinauthor.com/singl.../05/20/Choices

Comment

• mcswny
      mcswny commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to live in Estacada so it took me all of 10 minutes to get down to the upper clack (my go-to, midweek after I put the kiddo down was by memaloose bridge). I'm not as much as a big fish dude as i am a small stream dude. However, I'd love to combine the too

Pretty sure the upper Clack is closed until tomorrow too. Just sayin

Dig the blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakuramasu View Post
      Pretty sure the upper Clack is closed until tomorrow too. Just sayin
      Dig the blog.
      Whoops! Kids were kayaking and swimming in the flooded meadow near Timothy and I took a few casts. I'm talking where the Clack begins between Clackamas Lake and Timothy. Kids dig putting their wetsuits on and swimming in that spring water.

Choices! We have a lot of choices in Oregon.
      https://www.ryanchinauthor.com/singl.../05/20/Choices

Comment

Dang it! I even checked the regs right before I went. No idea how I missed that one. I was sure Whychus opened April 22nd with the D. Kicking myself. Also, Whychus sucks.

Comment

Working...
        X