Fly shops near N. Umpqua?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly shops near N. Umpqua?

Since Joe Howell closed his shop in Idleyld Park several years ago, I'm not sure where the nearest well-supplied fly shop is for the NU. Online search comes up with Dreamcast Fly Fishing a bit east of Glide and Over the Edge Tackle a bit west of Glide, but neither has much information online about what they carry. Couldn't find anything in Roseburg. Are Eugene and Grants Pass the best bets these days?

- JR

Eugene has two fly shops. Caddis fly and Homewaters. Caddis fly is very knowledgeable on NU waters.

Comment

Are you looking for fly’s to fish or tying material. If it’s Fly’s Idlelyield store has em and so the Steamboat in.
      Closest is Eugene...unless you call Sportmanswarehouse a fly shop..
      Hard to believe living here there is no fly shop
      Last edited by imx; 07-09-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I've got plenty of flies. Just wondering in case an accident or gear/material failure or loss means I need to replace something. Thanks for the replies.

- JR

Comment

"Hard to believe living here there is no fly shop"

I once had a fancy dream, that the old gas station/art gallery, at Lone Rock bridge heading of out Glide, would have made a great fly/tackle shop. Especially, with the design of the exterior.
          I hear it's a pizzeria now.

Comment

Yep pizzeria...I can’t think of a business that has lasted at that location

Comment

• FinLuver
              FinLuver commented
              Editing a comment
              The longest running business at that location was the gas station. My cousin (and myself off the books) pumped gas there growin' up. Used to be just one pump in town; when the Chevron went in, that was the end of the end for it. (Location, Location, Location) Headin' toward Diamond Lk., (if I recall correctly) it was Glide, Idleyld, the Frontier Store (by Dogwood Motel), and Dry Creek Store for gas on the North Umpqua...until ya got to Diamond Lake.

Ps: Peel Store and Cavitt Crk. Store, up Little River Rd., were the other local options for gas in the area. Hershey bars, bag of Planter's Peanuts, a bottle of Squirt, and some steelhead or trout flies were other reasons for stopping at some of those locations. HAPPY times and fond MEMORIES. :-)
              Last edited by FinLuver; 07-11-2019, 07:30 AM. Reason: reminiscing...
          Working...
          X