Oregon's Fly fishing Mecca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon's Fly fishing Mecca

Oct. 9, 2019 - Brian Marz from the Orvis Portland Shop - Topic: Oregon's Fly Fishing Mecca

The area will be Oakridge, Oregon and the presentation will cover locations ranging from the rivers, creeks, lakes, and reservoirs. Rivers may include the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the Willamette and the McKenzie. The fish species that live in these waters will be covered.

Access along with fishing tactics that work best for each area will be mentioned. The timing of when these areas fish best will be covered as well. Fly patterns for fishing this area will be part of the presentation.
    Possible accommodations for staying overnight or multiple days will be mentioned during the presentation.

Monthly meeting of Tualatin Valley Chapter of Trout Unlimited. At Lucky Labrador, Multnomah Village, 7675 SW Capitol Hwy. Portland.
    Wednesday, Oct. 9,2019. 6:30PM social get-together, formal meeting at 7PM. Free and open to the public.
    www.facebook.com/tualatinvalleyTU
    www.tvtroutunlimited.blogspot.com
    http://tualatinvalley.tu.org/

Hope to see you there.

Comment

There's no fish around there, and the locals are crazy!

Seriously though, I'm a tiny bit bummed when that area gets any press, but I understand.

I've chatted Brian up on a few occasions about said area when I first got back to OR.....should be a great presentation.

Comment

It'll be a great presentation. Brian really has that area dialed.

pigs, I get it though....but I also think that it's a little overstated that something like that will put way more folks on that water. Maybe around the super easy access points it will, but if a place is a touch harder to access, you can tell people what rock to stand on and they still won't go. I'll probably be somewhere in that general area come Sunday and will be surprised if I see more than a couple of other anglers.

Cheers!

Comment

Yeah. It's like I know the area is there with massive potential but I never make it a destination. I fish it when I'm passing through. I was just there Friday and Saturday rock hounding at LookOut with the kids and camping. Saw and talked to one boat of dudes getting off the Res who got skunked. Didn't see one angler on the river Friday or Saturday on my way out. I do know that for some reason the fish on the Middle W will nail a dry fly Oct Caddis but for some reason I've never been able to tempt the D fish on top with October Caddis dries.

Brian better mention BERT! Bert is getting old. I've been stopping in to see the guy for 13 years now and once he's gone his shop and shops like that will be gone. Bert's is on the North side of the road through town.
          Last edited by Mr. Chin; 10-07-2019, 07:14 PM.
          Choices! We have a lot of choices in Oregon.
          https://www.ryanchinauthor.com/singl.../05/20/Choices

Comment

Don't worry fellas I'll hold the middle fork down for you guys. October caddis has been off the Hook.

Comment

You guys are better than me
              i twitched an O Caddis near Black Canyon last week and hardly rose anything
              The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkman View Post
                It'll be a great presentation. Brian really has that area dialed.

pigs, I get it though....but I also think that it's a little overstated that something like that will put way more folks on that water. Maybe around the super easy access points it will, but if a place is a touch harder to access, you can tell people what rock to stand on and they still won't go. I'll probably be somewhere in that general area come Sunday and will be surprised if I see more than a couple of other anglers.

Cheers!
                I fished the MFW yesterday in the rain, all around Oakridge, and never saw another fisherman. Massive pmd/bwo hatch....no big fish to hand, but I caught a pile on dries and swung soft hackles

Comment

Working...
                X