Deschutes Salmonfly Rondi 5/20-21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deschutes Salmonfly Rondi 5/20-21

Time to start a thread, planning for the Deschutes salmonfly Rondi next month. Weekend of 5/20-21, at Harpham Flats Campground, which should give us plenty of room to spread out.

Usual deal: everybody's welcome! Regular posters, lurkers, new members, and even you old guard holding down the Arts and Crafts thread .

Who's in? Let's get a roll call going, and as we get closer, we can start planning the Saturday night potluck.
    Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

You tying up some go to patterns? You throwing a couple in for me? I'm in!

Comment

• PhilR
      PhilR commented
      Editing a comment
      You fish rivers, too? I'll tie up a few for you.

• Crawbugger
      Crawbugger commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll just have to witness for yourself. I've been working on a new game.

My only life activities are farming and attending rondis. That said, I' guess I have to be there?

May not make it down till Sat, but I'll be there.

Comment

Im trying to make it down Sunday for the day, sorry guys.

Comment

hmmmm...thus far my calendar looks relatively clear for Sat/Sun. damn, I need to make it to one of these....hell, I've fished with many of you, may as well drink with ya as well...oh wait.

Comment

Thinking I'll race out Saturday evening after a friend's kiddo party. I've tried to tell all my friends that they don't have to come to my kid's bday parties if I don't have to go to their kid's parties but that hasn't so worked well! We'll see...with poison oak now sprouting on my cheek and my knees still hurting from this past weekend on the D, if lake waters warm up I might be chasing bigger and badder fish and leaving the D and crowds alone. I have the East Lake weekend blocked off in June though.

Comment

Gonna' try and make it, but most likely will roll in late Saturday night. Upper Clackamas Whitewater Festival is that weekend too.

Comment

Who's coming Friday?

Harpham Flat, right?

Comment

Yes, Harpham Flat. I'm aiming for Thursday night or Friday morning arrival.

So, who else is in? Let's do the traditional Saturday potluck dinner, so let us know what you'll bring. I know that we have some great camp cooks out there.

See you all then.
              Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

Went down yesterday (Tuesday) started below the White, it was still blown with visibility being about 5". There were Salmonflies below Shears with lots in the grass and a few buzzing in the air.

Headed above the White and water was somewhat better, also bugs in the air but not too many in the grass and not as thick as below. One 15" redside and one larger smolt to hand below Maupin, all under the surface.

I'll try to come down early Sun to fish...

S.C.I.

Comment

Still a week and a half away, right? We could be hitting the hatch pretty good this year.

Comment

Is anybody floating? Or is it a Wade Fest?

Comment

If I make it, I'll be floating Nena to Harpham in my toon.

Comment

Rob, it's a little of both. I'll be wading, but others will bring toons.

Comment

• Crawbugger
                          Crawbugger commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have a pac 1200 that seats two, maybe someone will bring a drift boat or a raft on a trailer and we can piggyback a ride to the put in. If not if you help me shuttle I'll float you.

Im going to try and make it this year. I have a Drift Boat that Im more than willing to bring, if someone wants me to. Probably coming out Saturday AM. I'll think about potluck item as well.

Comment

• Osusmokey
                          Osusmokey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is Harpham flats a reserve site or first come first serve?
                      Working...
                      X