No announcement yet.

Deschutes Salmonfly Rondi 5/20-21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harpham is first come, first served. We've always stayed there because it's large and seldom is very full this time of year.

Comment

Thursday afternoon (5/11) I was gathering my fishing gear for this Rondi, and looked at the thread again--and realized I had the wrong date in my calendar; I was a week too soon!

Man, I'd have felt pretty lonely if I'd gone there this weekend! As they say in technology circles, RTFM.

Comment

• admin
        admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Read The F Manual. Or in this case, RTFT (Thread).

• PhilR
        PhilR commented
        Editing a comment
        If it makes you feel any better, we did originally schedule for this weekend, but switched cause of Mother's Day.

• admin
        admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah. That makes sense.

So by mere chance my wife booked me a night at the Imperial for a gift this year. I just found out its the same weekend as the Rondi so I'll be there. Looking fwd to meeting some or any of you. Been a member a long time but just got back on the new site today. I seem to be register challenged...
      You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford

Comment

I convinced my best bud who hasn't been fishing in 5 years to take the trip with me out there on Sunday for the day. We'll start out in the Harpham/Wapanita area. Say hello if you spot us. Couple of 30-somethings. I wear a tan full-brim hat.

I'm optimistic the big bugs will be out. Forecast is 81 and sunny on Sunday, with the three prior days similar. I've been tying...

Cheers,

Dan
        https://flyfishingwithdrdan.wordpress.com/

Comment

Dang, having a house full of guests this weekend.. hopefully I'll see everyone at the East Lake Rondi
          Have fun everyone!
          A

Comment

Ill actually probably be out Friday eve and fishing Saturday AM before I need to leave at noon.

Comment

I'll be out there somewhere Sunday.....got a green light.....I'm jonesin! My campin trip a couple weekends ago was very little fishin time.

Comment

I fished yesterday around Maupin (see my other post). Picked up a few fish on nymphs.

Not to put a jinx on things, but I'm optimistic about this weekend.

Comment

If anyone is planning to do the Nina to Harpham float this Friday, let me know if you want to rendezvous for a shuttle.

Comment

Still trying to decide if I'll bust out Saturday for some big bug action and some fireside laughs. Would love to get to the 'other side' if someone had room in their boat. Will fee like a beginner fishing river left! This might be the year I try catching a fish on a broomstick just to prove a point.

Comment

I am hoping to arrive sometime Saturday morning- looking forward to meeting all of you. Probably won't participate in potluck, but I will bring some portable snacks for the group.

Comment

It's gonna be a shoot show down there this weekend

Comment

My original plan was to head down there tonight, but I've been dealing with a bad head cold all week. I sound like a one-man TB ward. If I can get away, it probably won't be until Saturday morning. Hope to see you, but if not, post lots of pics.
                          Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

Is somebody procuring the group site on Friday? I'm going to hit the reservation side tomorrow and plan on making camp Friday night, will we have a spot? Phil take some shots of apple cider vinegar with the mother, this should make you right as rain! Hope you feel better!

Comment

I hate to miss a rondi. For me, the main reason to attend is to see old friends. Won't make this one as I hate to miss my grandson's weekend basketball tourney plus I need to fine tune my golf game for an important golf tourney on Monday. Hope to see a lot of you at East Lake. Have been warming up for that on some local lakes with decent success on trout in some lakes and good warm water fish on another. We old folks have so much to do with so little time.

Comment

Working...
                              X