Fly tying expo next month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly tying expo next month

Notice came by email that the fly tying expo is coming up. I have been several times, and it is a great event. Every year I learn valuable tying lessons from observing, see old friends, and occasionally get out and fish part of the day. I am sure that many of you here are involved much more than I . I recognize several of the names of tyers on the schedule, as well as some instructors.
    Share with us when you are tying, and what you plan to tie. If you are running a class- let us know. Even if it is your kid.......
    If you have never been, it is totally worth the trip to Albany.
    http://nwexpo.com/
    Last edited by dragginfly; 02-06-2018, 08:34 AM.

Tying both days...Friday 1st two sessions, Saturday middle session.
    Last edited by FinLuver; 02-13-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I’ll probably be down there on Saturday. Always learn something.
      Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

I'm gonna try to pop in with the fam.....good way to spend an afternoon for sure.

Comment

Damsels will be on the menu at the show...

Comment

Bump. Coming soon.

Comment

FinLuver, That's a real nice damsel tie. What's the recipe?

- JR

Comment

• FinLuver
                FinLuver commented
                Editing a comment
                Hook: TMC 200R; sz. 14 (Size 16 for one size smaller and 12 for one size larger.)
                Thread: UNI-Thread; 8/0; Lt. Olive (Change thread color to suit other body colors.)
                Eyes: Maxima Mono; 40 lbs; Ultra-Green; Colored with a Sharpie marker – Lime Green Change mono color or Sharpie color to suit. Can also use Hareline Dubbin Black Mono Nymph Eyes Small (MNB2) or Olive Mono Nymph Eyes Small (MNO2)
                Tail: Fish Hunter Blood Quill Marabou; Dyed Yellow Olive (200-013) (Change color to suit other body colors.)
                Rib: Hareline Dubbin Krystal Flash; Root Beer (KF-23)
                Skin Back: Kroger Home Sense Freezer Bags; Gallon Size; Cut into 1/8” wide strips; Colored with Sharpie Markers – Lime Green first, Allow to dry 1-2 minutes, followed with Gold Metallic
                Abdomen: American Sport Supply Awesome Possum; Golden Olive (AP166)
                Thorax: Hareline Dubbin Olive Hare’s Ear (HD34); In Dubbing Loop
                Head: Hareline Dubbin Olive Hare’s Ear (HD34); Twisted on thread

NOTES: Can be tied in many shades of tan, olive, and brown.

Such a wonderful, and uniquely fly fishing event!

Our club is setting it up tomorrow, starting at 8am. Anyone here is welcome to help, and to also join the Linn Benton Family Fly Fishers here in Albany.

Bill
              http://caddisman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

I have enjoyed this event several times. This year's edition was excellent. Walking through and sitting to watch the skills, innovation and artistry of the tiers is inspirational. I always find an item or two to purchase as well. Also reminds me to keep current with FFI every year (signed up for three years as a senior the other day). Many thanks to those who organized and worked this expo.

Comment

Spent Saturday at the Albany event. Very enjoyable. Spent Sunday in the yard, not as much fun. Went Monday to a small SW Wash. lake and couldn't find my Discover pass or vehicle access permit so didn't dare park but saw two fly fishers in pontoons. One was heading to the launch so drove over there to see how he was doing and darned if it wasn't one the tyers at the event. Spent an enjoyable half hour trading stories and a few flies so the trip in a way was a success. Luckily, its time here to relicense so will get replacements for the passes I couldn't find Where the hell did they go, I don't know.

Comment

Sorry I missed out. My wife was super sick so we just kinda laid low......Dry Fly Innovation was there too dang it!

Comment

Working...
                    X