EAST LAKE RONDI 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAST LAKE RONDI 2018

Considering the absence of snow this year... we might as well get around to talking about this. Road cams showing little snow at Santiam and Willamette Passes... and yes, I know it may not be over yet.

I'm in for brats and taco stew this year... chainsaw as usual.

S.C.I.

I'm in, of course.

Looks like they're doing tree/snag clearing again, so it may be challenging to reserve a campsite ahead of time. Just means somebody will have to take one for the team and head up Wed or Thurs...

Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

I was considering going up Thurs afternoon... I'm due for an extended stay.

Comment

Last update still has the road closed at 10 mile Snow Park.

https://www.deschutes.org/road/page/...o-and-closures

cheers

Comment

I guess it's first come first served until they are done with the tree clearing.

Any ideas on dates?

Comment

I know we were pretty late last year because of ALL that lovely snow... not the case this year. There was still snow in the CG's...

Comment

Late June?

Comment

Usually last weekend in June.
                Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

Did we ever nail down a date for this? We could do jun 23-24 or jun 30 - jul 1 if we stick with the typical timing.

Comment

I'm good with either. I would think earlier would be better if only to avoid some of the shoulder 4th crowds though.

Comment

RONDI!!! RONDI!!! RONDI!!!

Comment

Ok, let's fix Jun 30-Jul 1 for this. I'll probably head down Thurs to grab a site, if the reservation system isn't up yet.

Time to get koko loco!

Comment

I'm Koko for Koko Loco.

Comment

FYI: the Central Oregon Flyfishers are having their East Lake gathering weekend of June 29- July 1. Last year over 60 folks showed up. Could make finding a campsite difficult. Hoodoo website sYs it may be the end of May before they know about reservations.

Comment

I suggest moving date to June 22-24.

Comment

Working...
                              X