X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• striper42
    started a topic Central Oregon fish report podcast

Central Oregon fish report podcast

I just started a podcast and figured some of you may be interested. The idea is to chat with folks in the fly shops in the area about what's going on, flows, hatches, etc. First one was with Jeff Perin from Fly Fisher's Place in Sisters. Hope to do one every 2-3 weeks through the season. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

https://soundcloud.com/user-80437775...in-fly-fishers

Can also find on itunes/podcast app or Stitcher: C.O. Fish Report

Thanks

• striper42
    replied
    Thanks Duck89. New one with Peter Bowers from Patient Angler should be up later today. Great guy, great shop, check it out next time you're in the area.

Leave a comment:

• Duck89
    replied
    Thanks for putting this together. Love hearing about what is happening in in Central Oregon, as we prep for our various trips over the mountain.

Leave a comment:

• striper42
    replied
    Episode 2 posted, with Chris O'Donnell from Bend Fly Shop.

https://soundcloud.com/user-80437775...nnell-bend-fly

Leave a comment:

• DonT
    replied
    Thanks for posting this, I thought it was great. Keep them coming, if you would.

Don

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Chin
    replied
    Yup. That Met is a fickle one. I've walked miles in overcast and drizzly conditions with blue wing olives popping all over the place and not a single rise. Then on a bright summer morning I happened upon a green drake hatch, which supposedly is an afternoon event, that lasted for a good two hours. You never know unless you go. The D seems to be going that way too with pods of risers in one eddy then nothing going on in the next eddy.

Leave a comment:

• striper42
    replied
    Thanks guys, appreciate it. Yeah, Jeff was great, couldn't be nicer about helping out with it.

Leave a comment:

• Limnos
    replied
    Dave Stewart is hosting a similar podcast. Not fishing reports but he interviews industry experts about steelhead on the fly. Check out his shows:

Wetflyswing.com/show

Leave a comment:

• PTS
    replied
    Well, I have to admit that I hated that podcast. Reminded me of all the time I used to spend fishing all those waters. Too old to get out anymore. I am happy for all you lucky Westfliers that can take advantage of all those great fisheries and many more. Make sure you do that and appreciate the opportunities.

Leave a comment:

• J.R.
    replied
    Well done. And I agree that Jeff is a great choice to begin with. Looking forward to future podcasts.

- JR

Leave a comment:

• Slugger
    replied
    That was great. I plan to be slaying them on the Metolius with this information.

Leave a comment:

• pigs
    replied
    This is a great idea! And nice pick for first one. Jeff has a lot of knowledge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X