Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What You're Not Seeing On Westfly . . . and Why

Ads.

I removed all the advertising from the site because it was cluttering up the pages, especially on mobile media. Ads were served by GoogleAds, and the revenue was minimal. Besides, I got tired of telling them stop running girly ads (what did I click to get those?)

At some point, ads may re-appear on Westfly; but for now they are gone.

Of course, if you're missing the ads, let me know and I'll put them back. Anyone??
    aka Scott Richmond

Scott. Good choice!

Comment

Thanks Uncle Fuzz!
      The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

Thanks for bucking convention Scott and not selling out.

Comment

Anyone else get the "website not secure" in their search field when not logged in?

Bill
          http://caddisman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Works for me. Thanks Scott.
            Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

Sounds good Scott. I can find my own girls. I just say I'm a Westflier and it's swipe-right city!

Comment

Thanks Scott, What you're not seeing on Westfly is any Idaho activity

Comment

Scott- you probably typed the work nymph in too many times........ maybe spell check changed it. Anyway, thanks for the peace on this site.

Comment

I'm very happy not to see ads, of course, but it does mean a cut in revenue to Westfly. Old timers here will maybe remember there used to be an option to contribute (i.e., $) to Westfly. I think I remember sending $25 or so per year for a number of years....

Wonder how many folks now would be willing to do that, to make up for Scott's lost ad revenue?

- JR

Comment

wait. there were ads?

who knew?

I've gotten pretty adept at ignoring them, but respect that you gotta do you.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
                        I'm very happy not to see ads, of course, but it does mean a cut in revenue to Westfly. Old timers here will maybe remember there used to be an option to contribute (i.e., $) to Westfly. I think I remember sending $25 or so per year for a number of years....

Wonder how many folks now would be willing to do that, to make up for Scott's lost ad revenue?

- JR
                        I wonder if Scott has considered the possibility of a "subscription only" site. I'd certainly be willing to pay a reasonable fee to participate in what goes on here. Even though I don't post a lot, I certainly get much pleasure and good, usable info hanging out here.

Comment

There were some auctions, too.

Comment

Working...
                          X