Where are you folks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you folks?

Seems like it is time to read some posts about Carp and Bass. Seen some epic pictures of them. Are you golden fish guys getting out, lurking? Would enjoy hearing from you. timk

I'm still chasing smallmouth on the mid-willamette. It's mostly been smaller fish since the spawn but I'm starting to see some larger fish move back up into the shallows. Nice to be wet wading in the sunshine.

Here's one from last weekend:

Scott
    Attached Files

Comment

My first reply seems to have made this post disappear. Maybe this will bring it back. Would be great to hear from others chasing warmwater fish.

Scott

Comment

I chased a few warm water fish, but they were in the South Pacific . . . more about that later.

Now that I'm back in Oregon, I am thinking carp, shad, and Euro nymphing for trout on the Deschutes. Headed out this afternoon/evening for the first two.
        aka Scott Richmond

Comment

Kayaked up the Calapooia just a few miles from home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bass.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	478.6 KB
ID:	7454

Water was clear which allowed me to watch a big one take my streamer, turn, and promptly break off, mostly because of a bad not. Still quite exciting!

Bill
          http://caddisman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

I had a very successful trip chasing smallies on the Willy in the heart of PDX a few weeks ago. I'd post pics but it would be waaay too obvious where I was, and I like being the only fisherman there

Fish were smaller (12" and under), but based on Rutsch's post I'll have to get back out there soon. The spot I fished last is right by my work parking garage, I'm thinking it's time for some lunch break fishing.

Best success has been along steeper rocky shorelines, clear intermediate line, count down, and slowly and erratically crawl an unweighted bugger along the rocks.
            Last edited by stillwaterdan; 06-29-2018, 02:23 PM.
            https://flyfishingwithdrdan.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had great bass fishing until the spawn was done and the hot weather started in Central Washington.

Comment

I should really stop sulking about the poor trout and steelhead fishing and get after some ditch pickles!

Comment

Those are lovely. I did some pond fishing Thursday, catching many Bluegill and one Bass on a deerhair diver. It was fun, though the bass was a baby compared to yours. Then the Beavers won, so it was a great day....timk

Comment

Originally posted by Rutsch View Post
                    I'm still chasing smallmouth on the mid-willamette. It's mostly been smaller fish since the spawn but I'm starting to see some larger fish move back up into the shallows. Nice to be wet wading in the sunshine.

Here's one from last weekend:

Scott
                    That’s a beast of a smallmouth, Scott!

Comment

I went to the Columbia and tried for the trifecta. I didn't get a carp. Great day though.

Some of them shiny ones tug pretty good...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5149.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	7481
                      You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
                      You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

Found a couple more yesterday evening in about an hour of fishing. The purpose of the trip was more of a beach excursion and we had plenty of company, including a lot of loud jet skis and boats stirring up waves and mud. Nevertheless, fish have to eat.

This is the third different area on the Willamette I've tried in the last six weeks or so, and I'm 3/3 for finding fish. Anywhere there's rocks, slowly crawling flies along the bottom. No big fish yet, but the summer is young.

Dan
                        https://flyfishingwithdrdan.wordpress.com/

Comment

Spent a couple of evening hours with Soxfan up at Timothy last night. Hex hatch was coming off pretty good, and we each tied into a few nice fish. Soxfan also caught "the smallest fish I'll catch all year." As a bonus, we got to watch an episode of COPS unfold when some game cops busted some other fishermen for altering their registration sticker.
                          Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

On a whim last night I put my boat in at Willamette Park in West Linn and tooled around the mouth of the Tualatin. I managed to come up with a batch of smallmouths, none of which was very big but it was a fun way to spend the evening and learn a little about a fish I haven't chased much before. I was impressed by the level of fight even of the little guys.
                            Last edited by DonT; 07-12-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X