Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the best FFing video I've seen since ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the best FFing video I've seen since ....

.... well, maybe since forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6xa...layer_embedded

- JR

Continuity issue, when he left his "lodge" he had 2 rods, tramping through the forest and the rest of the vid, only a single rod. But yes, outstanding!! Thanks for sharing JR.

cheers

Comment

He had a pack too, along with the hip bag, Chris. I figured he hiked from the cabin, then stowed the pack and one rod somewhere (at a clearing, a camp, a point between lake and river?) before walking on to his 1st spot.

- JR

Comment

I know that guy. I see him most mornings in the mirror...
        Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

I think he broke his other rod hitting a branch on a backcast and lost his pack in a scuffle with a bear. It was just that kinda day...!

Great video, thanks.
          You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
          You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

The Nymphing Gods are smiling.

Comment

That was cool! Definitely a case of been there done that. God save the queen (PhilR!).
              Mike
              "I'se the B'y that builds the boat"

Comment

Great video thanks J.R. Reminds me of the rondi when certain attendants that tried to fish proper were a little more the frustrated. (Phil)
                A

Comment

• PhilR
                  PhilR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  guilty as charged, although I noticed that his cursing was a lot cleaner.

A good training video for expressing disappointment. I wonder if the grunts and moans were dubbed in over a more typical comment or expression. In the films that follow, one of the fellows says "thank you" whenever he releases a fish. I need to remember that one.

Comment

Not sure Ive ever missed as many dry takes in a row like this, but I had a day throwin hoppers to cruising brown torpedoes in the high sierras where I set too soon on multiple, exquisitely slow, visual takes......the one I will never, ever forget was a bruiser brownie, prolly closer to 30 inches than 20.....watched her lazily swim over and eat my hopper in slow motion.....hook set.....weight, tug, hopper flying back at me.......that one still hurts....

Comment

Working...
                  X