Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Umpqua above Lemolo?

Hey Guys,
    I'm going to be visiting Crater Lake in a couple of weeks, and was thinking of using the opportunity to try fishing the N. Ump above Lemolo Lake. I've never been there, but I've always wondered if the browns in Lemolo might migrate upstream into that area during late summer. Seems like it might be a good opportunity to explore, but I don't know anything about access to that part of the river. Has anyone had any experience up there? Worth trying?
    Thanks in advance for any comments/advice.
    Mike

There is a very nice trail that goes along the stream (it is a small but beautiful stream) above NF-60, full access since it is on BLM land, though a little boggy in places. I have been up there probably too early (ie, I think it was July a few years ago) and found very few fish. In my mind, it is absolutely worth trying if you just want to enjoy the hike and beauty, fish will be a bonus.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Does that trail start at the campground that appears to be at the inlet into Lemolo - meaning, did you park at the campground and go upstream on the trail from there?
      Thanks much.

Comment

Nope, I parked at where NF-60 crosses the river - if I remember there is a small lot or pullout - so it is a ways above Lemolo and goes further upstream - not sure if the trail goes down from where I parked to Lomolo - I am sure it is on a map somewhere, as I recall, it was a very well maintained trail.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X