Reel Repair in Portland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel Repair in Portland

I am a proud owner of a couple SA System 2 56L reels that have been discontinued but the drag is starting to go on them plus my Dad would like his SA 456 reel fixed if the price is reasonable. SA wants $35 per reel plus shipping to Michigan. I would prefer to see if we have anyone local here in the Portland area that can take a look at them and see if they can do it for less. Any Recommendations?

Thanks,
    Peach

You might try Ollie Damon's. I know they do a lot of conventional reels, but the probably also do fly reels. 35 plus shipping is probably comparable to what they would charge. How handy are you? I've torn down a lot of my reels, I've even managed to get most of them back together again.
    Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

Originally posted by PhilR View Post
      You might try Ollie Damon's. I know they do a lot of conventional reels, but the probably also do fly reels. 35 plus shipping is probably comparable to what they would charge. How handy are you? I've torn down a lot of my reels, I've even managed to get most of them back together again.
      Ha - I am not handy at all - thus the question . When I did some online searching - Ollie Damon's did come up - but was hoping to find someone who specializes in Fly reels more. If I can't get anyother recommendations, I will probably end up visiting them to see what they can do for me. Thanks for the input.

Peach

Comment

• PhilR
        PhilR commented
        Editing a comment
        They're just down the street from NW Fly Fishing Outfitters, so you could also drop in there and see if they have any ideas.

My .02...

Put them in a box and send them to the company. they have the parts, they have seen the reels a bunch... and it will probably be quicker.

Good luck!
      You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
      You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

I second Doublebluff- the replacement value is greater than the repair cost, and they would come back as new. The disappointment of a temporary/ unprofessional repair is something I have experienced with an old Lamson, and that frustration is to be avoided. timk

Comment

I had good luck with a couple Hardy vintage reels from Archuletta reel works in Grants Pass
          http://www.archuletasreelworks.com/

Comment

I've also used Mr. Archuletta's Repair services... He is extremely good. He is honest. He is in Oregon...
            Last edited by later, Peter; 08-08-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Hey thanks everyone for the recommendations and suggestions. I got some good leads now to go follow up on . Thanks again.

Peach

Comment

Working...
              X