Trip Report: Where is Soxfan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report: Where is Soxfan?

Board getting a little stale. I haven't contributed much lately so its time I stepped up with a trip report to keep you all occupied at work on a Friday. Let's see if you can all guess where I was fishing...

(I can't figure out how to add photos to the actual post so you'll have to follow along with the pics. They should be in order)

Set off for a local river of sorts doing some relaxation and whitewater. Caught my first half pounder along the way.

Came home and dropped of the boat and headed southeast for some backpacking

Great views, but no fish in the desert so we packed out and headed even further east....

Finally found some pristine alpine lakes out in the high Rockies.

continued...
    Last edited by soxfan; 10-05-2018, 12:39 PM.

Spent 4 nights catching small brookies and cuts while checking out other lakes in the area. Didn't get a chance to fish for goldens as the lakes holding goldens were a little to far for my wife who was definitely a little short of breath due to altitude. 17 degrees in the mornings!

Decided to get out before my wife divorced me and went north for some fatty cuts and communing with the buffalo.

continued...
    Last edited by soxfan; 10-05-2018, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I haven't been to the park in a long time and it was definitely an aggravating experience so we kept heading north to less populated waters.

First stop wasn't very productive, but I only had a half day on the river. Managed a two brute rainbows however.

Picked up and kept heading further north to a family friend to is fortunate enough to have 120 acres on a beautiful spring creek like river. Fall fishing at it's best! And if you've never caught trout out of abandon car bodies I highly recommend it. Even though it sounds pretty odd.

Comment

Finally ended up at my favorite river on the planet. So many days and good memories here. Even though I only had a half day the river still coughed up a slam for me. Can't remember the last time I caught a bull in a river. This was our last day and wouldn't you know it, we woke up to snow. Time to head home.

Lots of miles driven, mountain trails hiked, and fish caught. Promised my wife a vacation of her choosing next year, hopefully it's somewhere near water...

Comment

Great Report. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Inspirational. I am headed out tomorrow for some of that.

Comment

Awesome stuff. thanks.
                  You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
                  You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

Awesome. Yeah....Trout tend to live in beautiful places but 17 degree mornings is a hard sell.

Comment

Nice Buzz... welcome back! Sick pics for sure...

S.C.I.

Comment

Working...
                      X