Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news...

... for you folks who love the Browns of Miller Lake:

"Snow is likely blocking access. Catches in the trap net in the fall of 2018 resulted in a record catch of brown trout. Over 345 were caught in the net. The previous record was 177. All these fish were released alive. Average length was 18-inches with many three-year-old brown trout at 14- to 16-inches. The largest brown trout was 29 inches. Brown trout were also abundant at the mouth of Evening Creek."

https://myodfw.com/recreation-report...southeast-zone

Sounds like next summer could be a good one.

cheers

Awesome! I'm jonesin for fall browns.....I mean I always am, but this makes me jones harder!

Comment

Get the lights for the small craft dialed in. Tie in rattles on the big flies.

Red Bullin' all nighter for tuna-sized browns. I'm in!

Who has a snowmobile for early season?

Comment

Its always a delight to hear that there is someplace that fish are doing well! Even if I can't get there at the moment.
        aka Scott Richmond

Comment

Seems that the abundance is stunting the overall fish size...

Comment

• pigs
            pigs commented
            Editing a comment
            Good thing about browns is the big ones will keep getting bigger by thinning out the population.....I've seen 10 lb+ browns in places I would've never expected.....a desert spring fed lake in Central NV and a Sierra lake at 10k elevation.

Miller fall rondi? Late mid october?

• Patrick
            Patrick commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't say stunting. Just a lot of younger fish bring down the average. I am in for a rondi.

• Crawbugger
            Crawbugger commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever Debbie downer.
        Working...
        X