X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canuck from KS
    started a topic April 2019 Arts and Crafts Thread

April 2019 Arts and Crafts Thread

Look at this, me starting an A and C thread for the month.

April cleaning:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01560-2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	10534

You can almost hear her "Why are you putting that there?? Put it over there!!"

cheers
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Canuck from KS; 04-08-2019, 05:43 PM.

• Fuzzy
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty amazing stuff, Randy!

• Randy Dunbar
    replied
    I've been poking away at a little family of quail. The birds are carved, but now the work on the habitat begins. I needed to carve the birds first. Then I needed to get a foot for Papa quail. Then I needed to begin the primary mounting branch. This branch is based on a piece of dead sagebrush plant that I picked up on a hike 2 years ago in our neighborhood. I've already added another branchlet or two and have at least a couple more. I will have quite a bit to do beyond the branch. Then there will be rocks and flowers and gravels, etc.

His left tarsus and toes.  This is the primary support for papa quail. A general view of the composition as it stands currently.

Leave a comment:

• Skipper
    commented on 's reply
    Art found is a special thing...sometimes found in the strangest places, yet still intact, and obviously cared for... a testament to connections made.
    Last edited by Skipper; 04-24-2019, 10:02 AM.

• Fuzzy
    commented on 's reply
    That is a great photo. Composition, lighting, everything. Love it.

• Anj
    commented on 's reply
    Scott, I'll put you down on my "make a library list" but don't hold your breath, its camping,fishing and garden time. I'll see what I can come up with. I'm am useing up leftover and recycled building materials I've accumulated over the years..

• Patrick
    commented on 's reply
    Very stylist as I would expect from you!

• dragginfly
    commented on 's reply
    stunning.

• Scott Butner
    replied

Name:	untitled shoot-6434.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.61 MB
ID:	10660

Went on a short river cruise on the Columbia/Snake yesterday with Mrs. Picture Fairy. Mostly took tourist photos because, well, we were being tourists.

But I think this one of an old rail bridge across the Columbia with the wind turbines in the background, may just end up on my wall....

Leave a comment:

• Scott Butner
    commented on 's reply
    Very cool! I wish I were handier with that sort of thing -- we live on a busy residential street, close to churches, a middle school, and a high school. We get tons of foot traffic past the place and it would be fun to have a little library on the lot (even though, we are also 2 blocks from the City Library).

• Anj
    replied
    With a little free time on my hands late winter, I built a couple of little librarys . One for our street and the other (a little off center) is off to Ashland.
    By the way I always read this thread to check out all the talented and artistic fisher people.
    Last edited by Anj; 04-21-2019, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fuzzy
    replied
    I feel compelled to share this photo from Sparky's, an ice cream shop in Columbia, Missouri. The point is not Mrs. Fuzzy and Gandchild Fuzzy enjoying their ice cream. The point is the wall behind them. It's one of three walls covered with amateur art gleaned from attics and garage sales across Missouri. Kind of takes your breath away.

Name:	sparkys.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	662.4 KB
ID:	10652

Last edited by Fuzzy; 04-21-2019, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PhilR
    commented on 's reply
    Wanna help me move?

• Fuzzy
    replied
    As always, a lot of talent here! Thanks for the art, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Butner
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Started cleaning up the landscaping this afternoon. One of my favorite plants is about to bloom. Anyone else have prairie smoke?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n10601[/ATTACH]
    none in my yard, but I've photographed it I think. I did a extensive project for the local conservation district last year and photographed a whole ton of native and/or low-water plants.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X