No announcement yet.

December Arts & Crafts 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much art, but a little craft.....a little work for the local WHL hockey team, the Tri City Americans.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled shoot-7515.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.25 MB
ID:	9235
    "what the puck?!?"

Name:	untitled shoot-8495.jpg
Size:	5.08 MB
ID:	9236

on the good nights, they let me shoot from the "suicide box" -- located between the two opposing teams, with no glass between us and the ice. Helmets are mandatory (unless you're a coach, I guess). Kind of interesting when the fights on the ice carry over into the bench, and you're the only thing between two opposing teams, talking trash to one another.....here's a coaching moment.

Name:	untitled shoot-8468.jpg
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	9237

the list of sporting events I've had the chance to photograph professionally is pretty long -- baseball, soccer, football, gymnastics, boxing, karate, auto racing (drags, stocks), motocross, swimming, lacrosse, volleyball, roller derby, track and field, bicycle racing, tennis, wrestling, basketball, horse racing, golf.....well, you get the idea.....but of all of them, I think hockey may be the hardest of any I've photographed, because the action is fast, seemingly random, and potentially injurious.

Name:	untitled shoot-1484.jpg
Size:	6.03 MB
ID:	9238

Vanity shot. The team had me out to take photos of the Stanley Cup (the actual cup) during its one-day appearance on our home ice along with team co-owner and former goalie, Olie Kolzig, whose name is etched on the cup thanks to his appearance in the Stanley Cup playoffs as goalie for the Washington Capitals. My friend Doug Love, who is the team's primary game photographer, was nice enough to grab this photo with my camera.

oh, and by the way -- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc -- I'm spending the month running a pop-up art gallery with 10 other artists/craftspeople, which pretty much keeps me tied up 6 days/week -- so not much photography happening on my end until Christmas is over. See y'all in January.
    Last edited by Scott Butner; 12-14-2018, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Those are fun Santas. I like that the eyes are all different--when lined up it looks like each Santa is looking at the other ones and thinking, "Wait! I thought I was the real Santa!" Kind of a Buzz Lightyear moment.
      aka Scott Richmond

Comment

I finished getting a little book printed and assembled...had 40 made for C Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride book one.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	9284 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride book two.jpg
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	9285 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride book three.jpg
Size:	300.8 KB
ID:	9286 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride book four.jpg
Size:	301.3 KB
ID:	9287 Click image for larger version

Name:	Ride book nine.jpg
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	9288 hristmas gifts. It is a 40 page story in drawings...it was fun. Have plans for another drawing series

Comment

• FinLuver
          FinLuver commented
          Editing a comment
          That's Sweet...!!

• J.R.
          J.R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, Bill. Maybe one day a graphic novel...

• Skipper
          Skipper commented
          Editing a comment
          I am looking into publishing and the copyright process...but then also advice from sources because i don't know what i am doing...way out of practice with that sort of stuff...life has become simpler in the last decade...Ha!

Carapace, acrylic on canvas, 16"x20"

Name:	Carapace.JPG
Size:	456.3 KB
ID:	9294

Found on the beach the other day.

Bill
        http://caddisman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

• Skipper
          Skipper commented
          Editing a comment
          Bill that is mesmerizingly beautiful!

Name:	Moon halo.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	686.7 KB
ID:	9298

Name:	Sun at Earths Shoulder.jpg
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	9297

recent sale from my show...in time for Christmas...

Comment

Working...
        X